Residential disposal options for prescription drugs:
- National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (NADDI) has the Rx Drug Drop Box Program which is a year round drop off program that accepts any pills, capsules, patches whether Rx or over the counter. No needles or liquids accepted. (The Madeira Police Department is no longer accepting medications) Visit this link for drop-off locations: http://rxdrugdropbox.org/
- Twice a year, the Drug Enforcement Agency conducts a drug take back program. See this link for more information.
- Walgreens Pharmacies - Provides kiosks for a safe and convenient way year-round to dispose of unwanted, unused or expired prescriptions, including controlled substances, and over-the-counter medications at no cost (liquids and needles NOT accepted).
- Northgate, 9775 Colerain Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45251
- Norwood, 4605 Montgomery Road, Norwood, Ohio 45212
- Western Hills, 2320 Boudinot Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45238